The oldest and most prominent public art museum National Art Gallery is located in the heart of Melbourne and is among the world’s fantastic art collections. It boasts a collection of treasures from ancient Egypt, Greece, and Rome. It is a collection of art from a wide range of artists from international and local.
If you are planning to visit Melbourne, then the National Art Gallery is among the most preferred places in Melbourne. Read the post to explore it.
About the National Gallery of Victoria
National Art Gallery, is a spectacular showcase that comprises more than 70000 works in 20 galleries. It is the world’s most iconic art gallery that is rich in unique ideas, disciplines, and styles of art from different countries.
Located between two magnificent buildings, it hosts the indigenous culture of the Pacific area, exhibitions, and events from contemporary art to major historic exhibitions, fashions, and designs from all over the world.
The National Art Gallery has something for everyone from kids to adults where various art activities took place and kids can participate in them to reflect their innovative ideas and creative minds. World-famous designers and contemporary artists make kids learn innovative ways to create some awesome art and provide them with the perfect fabulous art to exhibit in the National Gallery of Victoria. The perfect place to experience several kinds of classic or contemporary art from local as well as International artists.
The most iconic National Gallery of Victoria is divided into two different sections.
- The Ian Potter Center: The Ian Potter Center is an exclusive world major gallery that is fully dedicated to Australian art culture.
- NGV International: With over 68 thousand works of art, it has some acrobats by Albert Gleizes, Airport at Night by Russell Drysdale, and Bamboo in spring rain by WU Zhen which is enough to draw the attention of tourists. Besides this, it boasts international exclusive collections of amazing art from Europe, Asia, and Oceania.
National Art Gallery: An Overview
National Art Gallery is among the most desired places in Melbourne which is world famous for its outstanding collection of art and antic pieces from different parts of the globe. Have a look at the specification of it.
- By visiting here, you can discover the world’s superb collections of art in the oldest museum in Australia.
- The National Gallery of Victoria is the place that witnesses the collections of arts from Indigenous culture to the ancient culture of Egypt, Greek, and Rome which is famous for its rich culture.
- It contains more than 16 thousand international drawings and paintings, it has pieces of European and Asian Decorative art. Apart from this, it has some fashion exhibit pieces along with photography, unique furniture, and ancient sculptures too.
- Non-other than the National art gallery in the globe which caters to a collection of European Paintings from the 13th century that showcases the best photography, stunning fashion designs, and mindblowing sculpture and furniture.
- Foodies have the option to explore the best dining services offered by Persimmon, the kitchen of the gallery, and the tea room which serves you local and international dishes and beverages.
Also, Read: What To See On Easter Islands: 7 Main Tourist Attractions